- About TCS
- TCS Recruitment process
- TCS Recruitment Process:
- TCS written test pattern- 2019,2020,2021, 2022 – 2023 Batch
- TCS Interview Non- technical questions
- TCS Interview Technical questions
- Interview Tips for TCS:
- TCS Salary/Package
- Registration link for TCS Off-campus drive
- TCS Placement Papers Download 2017-2018-2019-2020-2021- 2022 – 2023
Looking for latest TCS recruitment process or placement procedure for off-campus/On campus or referral drive.How to prepare for TCS written test, placement papers with solutions then you are at right place, in this blog post, we will provide you detailed information about TCS placements process, TCS Online Test Pattern, Syllabus, and selection pattern to clear your written test.
As part of this post below points will be provided in details
- About TCS
- TCS campus recruitment/selection process.
- Academic Criteria
- TCS Written Exam pattern
- TCS latest Placement Papers with solutions 2016, 2017,2018,2019,2020,2021, 2022 – 2023 (.PDF / .Doc)
Also, Check – Top 100 sample resume objectives – Make your resume impressive at the first attempt
Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) service, consulting and business solutions company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries.
TCS is one of the largest Indian companies by market capitalization. TCS is now placed among the most valuable IT services brands worldwide. TCS alone generates 70% dividends of its parent company, Tata Sons. The parent group recently decided to sell stocks of TCS worth $1.25 billion in a bulk deal. In 2015, TCS is ranked 64th overall in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking, making it both the highest-ranked IT services company and the top Indian company.It is the world’s 9th largest IT services provider by revenue.As of December 2018, it is ranked 10th on the Fortune India 500 list.
TCS has 289 offices across 46 countries and 147 delivery centers in 21 countries. At the same date, TCS had a total of 58 subsidiary companies.
Products and services
TCS and its 67 subsidiaries provide a wide range of information technology-related products and services including application development, business process outsourcing, capacity planning, consulting, enterprise software, hardware sizing, payment processing, software management, and technology education services. The firm’s established software products are TCS BaNCS and TCS MasterCraft.
TCS’ services are currently organized into the following service lines (the percentage of total TCS revenues in the 2012-13 fiscal year generated by each respective service line is shown in parentheses):
- Application development and maintenance (43.80%) value;
- Asset leverage solutions (2.70%);
- Assurance services (7.70%);
- Business process outsourcing (12.50%);
- Consulting (2.00%);
- Engineering and Industrial services (4.60%);
- Enterprise solutions (15.21%); and
- IT infrastructure services (11.50%).
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||US$17.57 billion (2017)|
|US$4.51 billion (2017)|
|US$3.92 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||US$16.24 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||US$13.67 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|387,223 (June 2017)|
TCS Recruitment process
TCS campus/ off-campus Drives criteria
The following is the eligibility criteria generally followed for TCS campus recruitment.
- A candidate should possess a minimum percentage of 60 throughout his/her degree.
- Students with backlogs will not be eligible.
- A gap in the career is allowed up to a maximum of two years given valid reasons.
TCS off-campus Drives referral
If you are looking for TCS referral, Freshers 360 will help you in achieving your dreams. share your resume with freshers360 team on [email protected](.)com.
TCS Recruitment Process:
In this pattern, there are three rounds.
- Written Exam
- Technical Interview and Managerial Interview
- HR Interview
TCS written test pattern- 2019,2020,2021, 2022 – 2023 Batch
|Section Name||Time Duration (90 Min)||No. of Questions (42 questions)||Marks/Negative Marks|
|English test (Email Writing)||10||1||No|
|Programming Language efficiency||20||10||1/0.33|
Note:- The questions can slightly be tricky and you really need to do some practice to crack the tests. Fortunately, students are allowed to use a simple calculator (not a scientific calculator) in the test.
Section 1 – Quantitative Ability
Questions asked from these topics:
- Averages, Mixtures and Alligations
- Percentages, Profit and loss
- Algebra, Ratio and Proportions
- Permutation and Combinations, Probability
- Time, speed, distance, Time and Work
- Functions, Geometry
Section 2 – Programming Language efficiency
Section 3 – Coding test
Now the most important is part is the coding section, I observed anyone who hadn’t got the complete output in coding section even though they had scored well in other three section, he was not selected.
Thus it is very crucial to get output in the coding section. Now that is hard since you don’t have to code in C or C++ they have their own compiler where you can only use command line Arguments language. You can find Command Line Arguments questions for TCS on google.
Also, they give a little introduction about command line language before taking the test which you can read for 10 mins and start coding it is 60% similar to C but
other functions are operated differently.
If you don’t get output in command link 90% you’re not going to be selected.
Rules for Coding Section:
There is only one question for 20 minutes.
• It has 10 attempts(We can compile only 10 times).
• We must start our code from the scratch.
• The coding platform is divided into two, one for writing the code and other for output. We should write the whole
• We can’t use any input functions like scanf(), getch(), getchar().
• The input to be provided should be read as command line arguments.
We must only print exact output.
• Output must not be re-framed by extra words.
• If there is any error, the error will be shown in the output dialog box.
• The errors are clearly mentioned.
• If there are no errors, a message like “compiled successfully” will be printed.
• Along with that they will mention four test cases are ‘passed’ or ‘failed’. They are indicated like private and public test cases. They have not mentioned what is the test case, which is difficult to understand.
Section 4 – Email Writing
Write to the HR of “ABC Limited” for problems you are facing in doing internship from there.
Internship from ABC Limited – project manager – unavailable – holiday leave 1 month – no industry exposures – mentor unavailable – access right – manufacturing area – not given – suggest solution HR.
EMAIL WRITING QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS
Tips to crack the E-mail writing round
These will be really helpful for so go through these TCS Email Writing Tips –
- Don’t make spelling mistakes. Be sure about the words you are using. Better avoid using words for which you do not know the meaning.
- Avoid typing errors.
- Use simple sentences rather than compound and complex sentences.
- Proper word order is very important to convey the intended meaning.
- Don’t skip any of the given words/phrases.
- Use formal salutations.
- Avoid use of “Dear” and if you are not clear about the gender of the name given avoid using the title. You may use “Dear Sir/Ma’am”.
- Keep your E-mail crisp and to the point.
- Proper signing the E-mail is essential in TCS email Writing Questions with Answers
Sign the name with the name provided in the question, do not use your own name. In case it is not mentioned then only use your own name with proper designation. Always write “Regards”, “Thanks”, “Warm Regards” before signing it.
2) TCS Technical & Personal Interview:
Written Test qualified candidates will face Technical and HR round, most of the time these two round will be combined.
Technical questions on C, C++, Java, Data systems and other operating systems are expected. However, if you belong to a non-IT background, you can expect questions from your specific subject. During the HR interview, they look for confident people who are good at communication skills.
TCS Interview Non- technical questions
- Brief About Yourself.
- Which Subject you like and why?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- If company offers you a better package than us, what would you do?
- Are you comfortable working in Shifts?
- Please brief about the projects you have handled?
- Tell about your Strengths and Weakness?
- How will you contribute in our growth? OR Why should Infosys hire you?
TCS Interview Technical questions
Here are some TCS Interview Questions
1.JAVA is Object-Oriented while C is procedural.
2.Java is an Interpreted language while C is a compiled language.
3.C is a low-level language while JAVA is a high-level language.
4.C uses the top-down approach while JAVA uses the bottom-up approach.
5.Pointer go backstage in JAVA while C requires explicit handling of pointers.
6.The Behind-the-scenes Memory Management with JAVA & The User-Based Memory Management in C.
for more interview questions refer – TCS Technical Interview Questions With Answers
Interview Tips for TCS:
- Be thorough with your resume.
- Be thorough with your mini and major project.
- Have good knowledge about the company.
- Be confident and talk wisely.
The companies like TCS believe in appraising its staff. If you have managed to be one; the TCS Pay Scale for Freshers starts from 3,50,000/- PA (Except BPO).
Registration link for TCS Off-campus drive
All the freshers who want to enhance the quality of their resumes can apply as per their discipline with the following process:
- Open the website TCS.com
- Select the link of career from the top menu.–> TCS Career
- You can refine your search according to the location you want to apply for.
TCS Placement Papers Download 2017-2018-2019-2020-2021- 2022 – 2023
Check this article – will update you soon